HAIR TRANSPLANT SURGERY
Hair transplant surgery is a procedure performed under local anaesthetic with minor sedation, where small, naturally-occurring groups of hairs (follicular units grafts), are taken from the back of the scalp (the area where the hairs have naturally lower levels of DHT) and replanting the graft in the areas of thinning or balding. Grafts either have one, two or three hairs in them, in their natural groupings.
How does it work
A hair transplant only works by using a person's own hair thus making it impossible for it to be rejected. The best way to understand the concept of a hair transplant is to think of it as you would a garden, taking the plants from the back garden and replanting them into the front garden, where they grow the same way they would have previously. The replanted hair is 'permanent hair' and can be treated exactly the same way as the rest of your hair. The hair can be straightened, dyed, curled and styled. Hair transplant surgery is suitable for treating male hair loss and female hair loss.
FOLLICULAR UNIT EXTRACTION (FUE)
Follicular Unit Extraction (FUE) is another method of harvesting the follicular unit grafts. In FUE method, the individual follicular units are extracted one at a time from the donor area.This is performed using micro-punches of 0.8 and 1.0 mm diameter, either manually or by a motorized device. The punch incises the skin surface around each hair follicle before they are carefully teased out manually with forceps. During extraction, removal of adjacent follicular units is to be avoided as it may cause the appearance of a line scar. A random or zigzag pattern is utilized, keeping 4-5 adjacent follicular units intact. Over-harvesting in a particular area may lead to ‘see-through’ or ‘moth eaten’ appearance. There is no requirement for stitches as the donor area heals in a few days.
1. When compared to Strip harvesting technique, FUE causes less pain, quicker healing and less visible scarring.
2. It is the technique which has made harvesting from the beard and body possible. FUE also offers the ability to harvest the maximum number of grafts in a single session by “combining strip harvesting with FUE”. This has an added advantage of reducing the tension on strip scar closure.
3. FUE method is useful for people who want to keep the hair at the back very short (Buzz cut), as there is no visible linear scar.
4. Other benefit includes the ability to resume strenuous activities almost immediately after the procedure.
5. It is useful in corrective procedures, in removing improperly placed follicular units in repair hair transplants and to camouflage bad strip scars.
Frequently Asked Questions
So, here is the list of some important FAQs, to solve your queries, regarding the efficiency of this laser cure and the time required for giving you the best results.HAVE A LOOK