- Mon-Sat 10:30 - 09:00
Chemial Peel Treatment
What is Chemical peel?
Chemical peel is one of the most popular non invasive cosmetic treatments in the world. Peels come in different strengths and composition depending on skin condition. Chemical peels are an effective method of removing damaged skin.
They remove the top dead layers of skin thus inducing new cell formation, increased cell turnover and decongesting blocked pores. This gives your skin a refreshed, even and healthier looking appearance.
Skin conditions like active acne, oily skin,blemishes, pigmentation, sun damaged and aged skin all benefits from chemical peels. It is important to have your dermatologist assess your skin as to identify the peel your skin needs.
We offer a variety of medical grade treatments ranging from superficial to deep peels. peels are professionally administered by doctors and advanced trained skin health therapists depending on their strength and your skin's condition.
- Promote exfoliation of the skin's surface layers.
- Favour cell renewal.
- Improve the texture of the skin.
- Reduce the signs of aging.
- Diminish hyper pigmentation.
- Treat acne concerns.
- Brighten the complexion.
- Leave the skin feeling silky soft.
Chemical Peel Procedure Steps:
- Cleansing - Your face will be cleansed.
- Peel application - The chemical solution is brushed onto your skin and left for just a few minutes. You may feel some burning or stinging.
- Peel neutralisation - The chemical peel are neutralized with a cool saline compress.
- Post procedure cream application.
After Chemical Peel Instructions
- Use a sunblock 20 minutes before sun exposure. Sunscreen is essential even on a cloudy overcast.
- Apply sunblock 3 to 4 hours especially if you are spending lot of time outdoors.
- Continue regular outdoor activities but excessive direct sun light exposure should be avoided for hours following the treatment.
- Avoid threading and waxing for 5 days before and after the treatment.
- Don not bleach or use scrubs on the treated area throughout the treatment
- Makeup should be avoided for 12 hours. Lip and eye makeup can however be used.
- Use a mild cleanser to wash the treated area with tepid water after 12 hours.
- Avoid swimming and gymnasium activities for 48 hours to prevent redness.
- In case of excessive redness or irritation apply cold compresses and moisturizer on the treated area.
- Do not pick, peel or stretch the treated area.
- Shaving should be done at least 12 hours before and after the treatment.
- Avoid anti acne medications like Retino A for one week and products containing AHA has to be avoided for 2 days before and after the treatment.